Welcome to the City of Timmins Bid Opportunities Website
This site allows potential Bidders to create a Bidding System Vendor account. Bidders select commodity codes for goods and services and the Bidding System will notify the Vendor by email of Bid opportunities matching their commodity code selection.
Public tenders, bids and request for proposals are posted on this website.
Bidders are solely responsible for ensuring their Vendor account information is kept current.
- Purchasing By-law No. 2018-8235 (PDF)
- Contractor Policy (PDF)
- No Bid Form (PDF)
- Electronic Funds Transfer for Vendors
- Transfert électronique de fonds pour les vendeurs
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact the undersigned:
Gord Deacon BA., MMP
Manager of Purchasing
220 Algonquin Blvd E Timmins ON P4N 1B3
Phone:705-360-2600 ext. 3169 / Fax: 705-360-2699
For step by step instructions on how to create an Account please refer to the Vendor Guide
For questions pertaining to a specific bid opportunity, please refer to the contact details of the buyer provided in the Bid Document.
If you encounter technical issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following is a list of our current online bid opportunities. Please refer to the Status column in the list to determine if the bid is open, closed or awarded.
Notice of Participation With Buying Groups
Public notice as required by the Canadian Free Trade Agreement. The City of Timmins intends to participate in one or more procurements conducted by the following cooperative buying groups. For further information and access to relevant information and notices, please review the websites below.
Local Authority Services (LAS) - http://www.las.on.ca/DoBusinessWithUs.aspx
Ontario Education Collaborative Marketplace (OECM) - https://oecm.ca/
Supply Chain Ontario - https://www.doingbusiness.mgs.gov.on.ca/mbs/psb/psb.nsf/English/forvendors
Metrolinx - http://www.metrolinx.com/tenders/en/tenders.aspxLogin Create Account
NOTICE to Contractors and Service Providers:
- In an effort to increase safety within our workplace, the City of Timmins has implemented a Contractor Health and Safety Orientation Program for all contractors and service providers performing work for the City of Timmins. This Program will require that all contractors performing work for the City of Timmins are trained in our Health and Safety policies prior to performing work for the City of Timmins.
- Surplus Goods: When goods or property the city owns have been declared surplus and cannot be used by one of our other departments, we attempt to dispose of them through public auction, online auction (http://www.govdeals.ca/timminson) or for sale by tender. We do this to ensure that surplus is being disposed of in a cost effective and environmentally friendly manner and to provide the general public with access for obtaining surplus goods, in a fair and equitable manner. Where no bids are received, the Manager of Purchasing may dispose of the goods or property as deemed to be in the best interest of the City of Timmins.
Note: Only documents found on the City's website will be considered "official" and Bid submissions will only be accepted from those Bidders who have registered and downloaded the official document. The City of Timmins accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of information found on other websites. The onus is on the Bidder to check this site to verify they have received all relevant Bid information.